Wednesday, May 24, 2006

World Cup

Aqui esta um texto escrito por amigo meu de Leicester que subscrevo totalmente:



"Dear Wife, Partner, Girlfriend
>
> 1. From 9 June to 9 July 2006, you should read the sports
> section of the newspaper so that you are aware of what is going on
> regarding the World Cup, and that way you will be able to join in the
> conversations. If you fail to do this, then you will be looked at in a

> bad way, or you will be totally ignored. DO NOT complain about not
> receiving any attention.
>
> 2. During the World Cup, the television is mine, at all times,
> without any exceptions. If you even take a glimpse of the remote
> control, you will lose it (your eye).
>
> 3. If you have to pass by in front of the TV during a game, I
> don't mind, as long as you do it crawling on the floor and without
> distracting me.
>
> 4. During the games I will be blind, deaf and mute, unless I
> require a refill of my drink or something to eat. You are out of your
> mind if you expect me to listen to you, open the door, answer the
> telephone, or pick up the baby that just fell on the floor....It won't

> happen.
>
> 5. It would be a good idea for you to keep at least 2 six packs
> in the fridge at all times, as well as plenty of things to nibble on,
> and please do not make any funny faces to my friends when they come
> over to watch the games. In return, you will be allowed to use the TV
> between 12am and 6am, unless they replay a good game that I missed
> during the day.
>
> 6. Please, please, please!! If you see me upset because one of
> my teams is losing, DO NOT say "get over it, it ' s only a game", or
> "don't worry, they'll win next time". If you say these things, you
> will only make me angrier and I will love you less. Remember, you will

> never ever know more about football than me and your so called "words
> of encouragement" will only lead to a break up or divorce.
>
> 7. You are welcome to sit with me to watch one game and you can
> talk to me during halftime but only when the commercials are on, and
> only if the halftime score is leasing me. In addition, please note I
> am saying "one" game; hence do not use the World Cup as a nice cheesy
> excuse to "spend time together".
>
> 8. The replays of the goals are very important. I don't care if
> I have seen them or I haven't seen them, I want to see them again.
> Many times.
>
> 9. Tell your friends NOT to have any babies, or any other child
> related parties or gatherings that requires my attendance because:
>
> a. I will not go
> b. I will not go, and
> c. I will not go.
> 10. But, if a friend of mine invites us to his house on a Sunday
> to watch a game, we will be there in a flash.
> 11. The daily World Cup highlights show on TV every night is just
> as important as the games themselves. Do not even think about saying
> "but you have already seen this...why don't you change the channel to
> something we can all watch?" because, the reply will be, "Refer to
> Rule #2 of this list".
>
> 12. And finally, please save your expressions such as "Thank God
> the World Cup is only every 4 years". I am immune to these words,
> because after this comes the Champions League, Italian League, Spanish

> League, Premier League, FA Cup, etc.
>
> Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. "

E MAI NADA!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home